The 15-kilometre M1 Pacific Motorway extension is a major transport infrastructure project that will transform the way people move around the Hunter region while improving travel times and conditions for those travelling between Sydney and Brisbane.
Seymour Whyte will deliver a five-kilometre northern Heatherbrae bypass section from Tomago to Raymond Terrace. The M1 extension is expected to be open to traffic in mid-2028.
The northern Heatherbrae bypass package of work includes:
- 5km of dual carriageway, with 2 lanes in each direction connecting the A1 Pacific Highway at Raymond Terrace to the extended M1 Pacific Motorway at Tomago
- New interchange at Raymond Terrace with northbound on-ramps and southbound off-ramps to and from the Pacific Highway
- Realignment of Masonite Road, to provide a grade separated overpass
- A main carriageway bridge over Windeyers Creek (approx. 170 metres long)
- Two bridges over the main carriageway at Masonite Road and the Raymond Terrace interchange.
Hours of work
Our work hours are between 7am and 6pm from Monday to Friday and 8am and 5pm on Saturdays. There will be no work on public holidays.
We will continue to keep the community informed of work needed to be completed outside of these hours.
Phone: 1800 094 895 (option 2)
Mail: 2212 Pacific Highway, Heatherbrae NSW 2324
Find more about the project via the M1 Pacific Motorway extension to Raymond Terrace interactive portal.
EOI for work packages
You can register your interest in work packages on Seymour Whyte’s Heatherbrae Bypass section of the M1 Extension to Raymond Terrace between Tomago and Raymond Terrace.
Register here via ICN Gateway